Drug charges can be serious. In minor instances drug offenders sometimes get rehabilitation and necessary treatment needed to get back into society to lead normal lives. But most of the drug offenders are sentenced to prison & heavy fines. Drug offenses include manufacturing, possession, cultivation, possession of sale, drug trafficking and more.
To be in charged with drug crimes and representing yourself in the courtrooms will not guarantee you a good outcome. Whatever the case may be, if you find yourself on the wrong side of the law being in possession of drugs, then you better have a very good Jersey City defense attorney.
Jersey City NJ Criminal lawyer
Criminal defense lawyer in New Jersey, Joel Silberman1, who has prosecuted a wide array of cases at the Adult and Juvenile levels tells-“The Federal and local authorities in New Jersey spend significant energy arresting and prosecuting those they suspect are using and distributing illegal narcotics. These charges are often enhanced if the prosecution alleges that the offense took place near a school, park or public housing complex. If you have been arrested or charged with drug related offenses you need to speak with Joel Silberman as soon as possible.”Ref: The Law Offices of Joel Silberman, LLC, http://www.joelsilbermanlaw.com/our-practice/drug-offenses/ )
How defense attorney Jersey City assists you when charged with drug offenses?
1. Work with you and the prosecutor to negotiate a deal.
2. A drug defense lawyer ensures that justice gets served.
3. He would legally educate the defendant as to their rights.
4. He answers any legal questions confidently to ensure the defendant gets their due throughout the case.
5. He protects the rights of the suspect as far as law enforcements such as incarceration before and during trial, and interrogations are concerned.
6. Helps you with the emotions that often go along with criminal trials.
7. Counsel the client about the way criminal laws will likely be applied,
8. Help to familiarize the client with local court customs and bring knowledge about the process
9. Gather information from prosecution witnesses, who may fear providing information directly to someone accused of a crime
10. Find and hire investigators that can investigate not only the alleged crime but also the witnesses that the prosecution is going to call to the stand.
11. Find witnesses that may be able to present evidence that would tend to show your innocence or rebut evidence that the prosecution presents which would make the prosecution's case less credible.
12. Figure out a good sentencing program for your situation. For instance, instead of going to prison for 10 months, your criminal defense attorney may suggest that you go to prison only for 6 months and spend the remaining 4 months in a drug treatment facility to help you with the drug problem that landed you in trouble in the first place.
Disclaimer: The contents of this page are general in nature. Please use your discretion while following them. The author does not guarantee legal validity of the tips contained herein.
1. Joel Silberman: Criminal Defense Attorney and Jersey City lawyer Joel Silberman focuses exclusively on Criminal Defense. Some of Joel’s most notable Adult and Juvenile cases involved charges related to Homicide, Gun Offenses, Aggravated Sexual Assault, Trafficking Narcotics, Fraud and Aggravated Assault. Call Joel at 201-273-7070 or Toll Free: 800-889-3129 or send e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Office is located at 549 Summit Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07306. Visit http://www.joelsilbermanlaw.com/ for more information.