Child pornography is the visual depiction of sexual activities involving children. Production, possession, and distribution of child pornographic videos or images are punishable offenses. Any person involved in such activities will be charged with child pornography.
Penalties for Child Pornography
New Jersey penalties for child pornography are severe. Under state law or federal law, persons convicted of child pornography may face the following sentences:
· The period of imprisonment for distributing, selling, transporting or receiving visual child pornographic content is 5-10 years.
· Child pornography photographing is a second degree crime, and can lead to 5-10 years of imprisonment.
· Possessing child pornography or viewing it is a fourth degree crime, and can lead to up to 18 months of imprisonment.
· Anyone convicted of child pornography must register as a sex offender, and the criminal record is publicly available. The offender must re-register periodically or when they change addresses.
· If the person allowing child pornography is the parent of the child, then the activity is a first degree crime punishable with 10-20 years imprisonment.
Child pornography charges should not be taken lightly. If you are charged with child pornography, then you need to contact a sex crime defense lawyer.
Disclaimer: The contents of this page are general in nature. Please use your discretion while following them. The author does not guarantee legal validity of the tips contained herein.
Sex Crime Lawyer in New Jersey
If you are accused of child pornography in NJ, then contact Jersey City criminal defense lawyer, Mr. Joel Silberman. Call 201-273-7070 / 800-889-3129 for a consultation. or send e-mail at email@example.com Visit http://www.joelsilbermanlaw.com for more informationFor original source visit at: http://www.joelsilbermanlaw.com/penalties-for-child-pornography/